Department of Justice
According to The Official Website of the Department of Justice of the Philippines, their mandate is “To uphold the rule of law by serving as the principal law agency of the government”. In other words, don’t mess with these guys, cause they got the power!
Take a look below, at the DOJ’s list of attatched agencies, where you will see how important this department is to foreigners in the Philippines.
- BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION
- NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
- BUREAU OF CORRECTIONS
- PAROLE AND PROBATION ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
- LAND REGISTRATION AUTHORITY
- COMMISSION ON THE SETTLEMENT OF LAND PROBLEMS
- OFFICE OF THE GOVERNMENT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- OFFICE OF THE SOLICITOR GENERAL
- PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION ON GOOD GOVERNMENT
Of particular importance, to us, are the Bureau of Immigration (BOI), and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Obviously, the BOI is important, but what about the NBI? Well, not only are they the top level enforcers of the law, they are also where you, or your spouse/fiance, may need to go for an NBI clearance.
Disclaimer: Expat2Phils is not in any way connected to the Government of the Philippines, nor are we lawyers. What we offer are personal experiences, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer!