The Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines is one of the most important government agencies for “foreigners” visiting or living in the Philippines.

There are several visa options for visiting the Philippines, depending on your situation.

The first time you visit, you will most likely get a tourist visa.

If you marry a filipina, and take her back to your country, when you visit the Philippines, you will probably get a balikbayan visa.

It is possible to live here on a tourist or balikbayan visa, but if you want to make this your home, you should get the Permanent Resident Visa.

Permanent Residents are required, during the first 60 days of the calendar year, to submit an Annual Report.

If you were a filipino citizen, but now have a passport from another country, you can apply for dual citizenship.

Disclaimer: Expat2Phils is not in any way connected to the Government of the Philippines, nor are we lawyers. What we offer are personal experiences, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: