Annual Report

All foreigners, who have attained a Permanent Resident status, are required to perform an annual report, with the Philippines’ Bureau of Immigration.

Last year I filed at the Region VIII office in Tacloban, Leyte. It went ok, for me, but some others have had problems. One American was told he needed to turn in his ACR I-Card and apply for a new one, even though his had not yet expired. He managed to convince them to let him keep it, and told them he would go to Manila to take care of it. For me, they just asked questions and filled up forms. They also made me go outside to make some photocopies. Basically it took a couple of hours, including waiting time, plus a van trip from Calbayog and back.

This year I decided to go to the National Headquarters in Intermurals, Metro Manila. At the Intermurals office it was fairly easy. First I followed a sign to the information desk. They gave me a number and told me which window to go to. At that window I had to sit and wait for my number to be called. The person behind the window just looked at my I-Card, typed something into his computer, and printed out a bill. After that I had to wait in line for a cashier, paid my 300 php, and was finished. I think we spent less than 1 hour in the office.

Disclaimer: Expat2Phils is not in any way connected to the Government of the Philippines, nor are we lawyers. What we offer are personal experiences, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: